[TriLUG] SCO and what I'd like to see..

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 6 11:04:05 EDT 2003

..and no, it's not McBride burning in effigy (though that does sound
like a good idea).  No, what I'd like to see is a one page document
written up by a lawyer detailing EXACTLY why anyone should not, as a
company or end user running Linux, be afraid of this lawsuit.  I DO NOT
WANT ONE SINGLE COMPANY to pay squat to SCO in license fees.  I DO NOT
ONE SIGNLE COMPANY to be lied to by M$ saying how wincrap is now "less
expensive" than Linux and how running Windows would indemnify one from
legal action without a single page, easy to understand document
detailing why this is all a load of crap.

A good start for that $1 million RH pledged is to get a one sheet legal
paper prepared by INDEPENDENT lawyers (or a lawyer specializing in IP)
covering all 50 states detailing exactly why this case is BS.  It has
to be one sheet and it has to be easy to read and understand and it has
to have a URL pointing back to a web portal (and I hate that term)
detailing exactly why the case in BS, why they shouldn't license, and
why they shouldn't believe any of the SCO or M$ FUD surrounding this
case.

That's my wish list.

I know that someday I would regret the decision not to continue on to
law school.  I guess that day has arrived.  Honestly I don't know what
I would do with a JD if I had one, though I would think I would know
EXACTLY how far I could push this civil disobedience issue before I
actually broke a law.

Greg