[TriLUG] Re: Pseudonyms

Tarus Balog tarus at blast.com
Thu Aug 7 10:04:11 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:05 PM, Andrew Perrin wrote:

>  Whether or not "Roy Vestal" is a real or
> a made-up name, I know that posts here from that name have been honest
> and
> helpful in the past, and so I classify the likely quality of new posts
> under that name.

Wow - I didn't know we had two Roy Vestals on this list. Helpful posts?

(grin)

I'm kidding. Really. It's a joke.

Andrew makes a good point, which I only want to add one thing. TriLUG
and the TriLUG list do represent a fairly tightly knit group. We know
each other more than other forums I am involved with, whether the
people go by "Mike Johnson" or "Turnpike Man" or "Sinner From the
Prairy".

Thus when "Gnu Man" shows up, it sticks out more than it would on, say,
Slashdot.

Just an observation.

-T
___
Tarus Balog							Main:		+1 919 545 2553
Blast Internet Services, Inc.			Fax:			+1 919 542 5955
Email: tarus at blast.com					URL: http://www2.blast.com/tarus
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C