[TriLUG] Re: Squirrelmail/imap problem

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Fri Aug 8 15:13:48 EDT 2003

Well, when I was making the mistake of trying to run squirrelmail
against a imaps server, I wasn't getting those errors, but I was getting
errors.  This is because squirrelmail, while a nice package... doesn't
support SSL.

See the following item in the FAQ.  Rather than learn about stunnel or
ssh port forwarding, I simply made it so that the local host could
connect without SSL.

Remote people still need to use SSL.  :)

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SquirrelMailIMAPS

HTH,
CJK