[TriLUG] Which file system to use

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Sat Aug 9 17:40:33 EDT 2003

Hey guys,

Finally got around to installing RH9 on my main system at home, taking that
step towards making linux my _primary_ OS. It is a Win2K / RH9 dual boot
config on a Promise IDE RAID controller (FastTrax TX 2000). I have 2GB of
free space left on my mirrored volume, and I am wanting to format it such
that I can have read/write access from either OS. I know (I think) that NTFS
is out of the question so I guess I am stuck with either FAT or FAT32. I'm
hoping FAT32 is available under linux, as the block size is smaller so I get
more efficient use of disk space (don't I?) Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin