[TriLUG] who moved my fmt?

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon Aug 11 17:26:13 EDT 2003

Take a look at the man page for RPM.  There are several options that
could help you out.

--noscripts   Don't run install or uninstall scripts
--oldpackage  Install an older package than is currently installed
--nodeps  Don't calculate dependencies
-V   Package verification also useful as -Va

Probably what you want is rpm -Uvh --oldpackage
coreutils-4.5.7-lmdk.i586.rpm or something like that.

If all else fails, you can rpm -e --nodeps --force --noscripts coreutils
and then rpm -ivh --nodeps --force --noscripts coreutils.

Joseph