[TriLUG] mii-tool problems

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Mon Aug 11 23:44:40 EDT 2003

While working with a new system, we were experiencing problems with a new compaq DL380 server.  The server is running Red Hat 7.3.  Problem is that we are trying to set the speed and duplex of the eths and it will not take.  We have run the command {mii-tool -F 100baseTx-FD} when you run mii-tool again it states that the link was autonegotiated at 100baseTx-HD.  This poses a problem since we must have this interface at full duplex.  It is connected to a Cisco switch port set for 100/Full.  We have seen no errors on the port yet, but we have only sent a couple million packets with pings.  Has anyone seen this problem before and does anyone have another tool that can do this?
Thanks in advance
cgb