[TriLUG] Cross Platform GUI

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue Aug 12 08:29:35 EDT 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 10:4622pm, P. L. Charles Fischer wrote:
> I am looking for a cross platform GUI library.  I need Microsoft
> Windows, Linux and Tru64 UNIX support.  If the Mac is supported that
> would be a plus.  Some of the programs developed will be released
> using the GPL others will be proprietary.  The meat of the programs
> will be written in C, so a C or C++ library makes life a lot better.

You can use Tcl/Tk. Tcl script (it's pretty close to C) to seamlessly
call the C/C++ functions, using Tk widgets. Tcl/Tk is a very tried and
tested set of tools. It runs in many platforms, including *nix, Win32,
MacOS...

IMHO, GTK for Windows is not there yet. QT it is, but read the license
first and decide the license of your project.

> I am looking at wxWindows, but would like to know if there are better
> options.

WxWindows is an option, yes.

> Thanks
> Charles Fischer

Hope this helps.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.1 -    Linux Machine # 38068