[TriLUG] Grub configuration file

Steven Blanchard sgblanch at email.unc.edu
Tue Aug 12 22:09:24 EDT 2003

The initrd and the grub.conf appear to be generated by the post install
script of the kernel (or kernel-smp) package. Could the package have
been installed with the --noscripts or something similar? Reinstalling
the package might fix the problem. The other option would be editing the
grub.conf by hand and using mkinitrd to build the initrd.

Example of mkinitrd, check the man for more info:
prompt# mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.20-19.9smp.img 2.4.20-19.9smp