[TriLUG] problem syncing palm zire 71 - no help from jpilot list, looking else where

J. "Spydir Web" Powers spydir at netsyndrome.net
Thu Aug 14 20:04:53 EDT 2003

this is the weird problem I've faced with my zire 71

I was syncing and backingup my zire 71 nightly for quite some time now.
  just tonight I attempted to sync and it didn't work so i tried
reloading the modules and it didn't work.  All my ttyUSB0/1 devices and
pilot are chmod 666, my usb subsystem, usbserial, and visor modules are
loaded properly, and in /var/log/messages it stays they're loading
without any errors.

yet, when I attempt to sync, pilot-foto/xfer both just say it can't
connect to the device and the messages file doesn't display any new
lines.  I've tried everything I can think of, followed every README I
could find, and nothing has changed.  I just can't figure out what's wrong.

does ANYONE have any ideas?  I'm thinking something might be wrong with
my palm itself but I REALLY hate the idea of sending it out to palm for
a replacement which probably will suffer the same problem

--
WARNING!!: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION BELOW!
Net Syndrome -- www.netsyndrome.net