[TriLUG] Crossover Copy

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 15 09:35:13 EDT 2003

The makers of the free, single-executable "so small you can keep it on a
toolkit floppy" Windows SSH client Putty also make a PuttySCP client, which,
as luck would have it, is also a single executable file, and is also small
enough to fit on a toolkit floppy right next to your 384KB SSH client.
Putty and PSCP, as well as the rest of the Putty line of tools are made for
all Windows flavors on x86, and also for NT on Alpha, and there looks to be
a Mac port in the offing.  Plus, it's fully open source, with the source
code available for download along with the rest directly from the site,
which is here:

I highly recommend folks check it out who need to be able to SCP to and from
Windows boxen.  I have found it utterly indispensable.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 --Ben Franklin--