[TriLUG] (OT) triangle NT users group

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Fri Aug 15 10:33:53 EDT 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 20:04, Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 13:29, Magnus wrote:
>
> I'm a fairly active member of the NT group, and a mail mostly member of
> trilug, I'd be all for that kind of arraingment.  Anyone in this
> business who thinks that one OS/platform will meet all needs is in
> trouble, know more, it's good for you.  ;')

Yea, we are in the process of moving our last windows app over to Linux, when
one of our key vendors comes in and states "Our app *only* runs on Windows
2000 Server* and all the competition is the exact same.  We have one vendor
that specified Windows 2000 Server as their requirements.  We put the app on
Linux and it has been working fine for over a year and now we have a problem
but they won't support it because it is not running on the requirements,
can't say that I blame them, but thats the consequences we must pay.