[TriLUG] docbook & help guides

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Fri Aug 15 17:21:57 EDT 2003

Douglas Kojetin wrote:
> hi all-
>
> i am in the process of setting up some help documents for my lab, and
> think that formatting them similar to the linux help docs might be the
> best way. i've briefly read up and see that i need to use 'docbook' (i
> was going to choose XML).

We use Wiki for a lot of  our one of documentation, so when we need to
go more formal, we use the Wiki Text to DocBook convertor (Wt2Db) found
here: http://www.docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Wt2Db

Saves a lot of time, and steers clear of having to remember all your tag
  soup -- which isn't terribly hard, but can be frustrating.

Our sysadmin has been using AsciiDoc to create his documentation, and it
will also output DocBook: http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/

Peace.

john