[TriLUG] MTA/MDA/MUA

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 15 10:47:52 EDT 2003

I want to start using separate components for email so I can do filtering and
become generally more aware of how email is processed.  I use KMail, a single
ISP SMTP relay, and multiple POP mail accounts.  I want to experiment with a
new setup that uses the same SMTP relay, different POP accounts, and some
combination of MTA-MDA-MUA.

Are nullmailer-getmail-mutt reasonable choices for the MTA-MDA-MUA for a
beginner/small operation?  (I hope I got the pieces lined up correctly
there.)

I don't want to mess up anything with my current email setup, get the new
setup working for a new account, and then migrate the old accounts to the new
setup.  My intent is to work with and think about email from a more technical
PoV instead of from an Outlook PoV.

TIA,
--
Mike Mueller

I've often heard of companies having a crack legal team, but this is the
first time that I've heard of one being on crack.
- Comment on SCO's legal team by Hieronymus Howard on /.