[TriLUG] Joining an XP Workstation to a Samba PDC

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sat Aug 16 16:25:34 EDT 2003

you'll need to add machine accounts for domain logons to work properly.
this line in smb.conf makes it happen automatically:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u

there are also one or two registry changes that need to be made on the
xp boxes as well:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
"signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000

jason