[TriLUG] RHCE study group?

Matthew Lavigne maillist at shenandoahkennels.net
Sat Aug 16 20:25:49 EDT 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 20:06, Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> 	A while back I recall a thread about a study group, is that happening?
> I got the OK to book the RHCE class in mid September, and have work
> pay.  I would like to get a start on the studying, some of the *ix
> skills are fairly rusty.
>

> Kevin

Kevin,

As someone that took it in April I will tell you that the more time that you
work on the outline off of RH's site the less wasted effort there will be.  I
know of several people that recently took the RH134 course (the course with
the RHCT test at the end) and none of the people that I know passed the RHCT
portion.  My suggestion is to set up a set of criteria (or have someone else
define it) and then from an NFS install point install and configure the
entire system as outlined in the criteria - in 2.5 hours.  It will teach you
time management, how to order your tasks, and what you can do and how you
should do it (guil vs cli).  Make sure that you are familar with as many ways
to do stuff as you can be.

Just my 2 cents.

Matthew Lavigne