[TriLUG] Joining an XP Workstation to a Samba PDC

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Aug 17 09:16:32 EDT 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jason Tower [mailto:jason at cerient.net]
> Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 10:41 PM
> To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Joining an XP Workstation to a Samba PDC
>
> each user has a
> seperate profile

the problem i have with roaming profiles is the dependency on
workstations.  workstations must have the same load to function
properly.  for example, user a loads microsoft turd on computer a and
creates a desktop icon.  user a goes to computer b that does not have
microsoft turd.  the desktop icon fails.  at the expense of having to
create desktop icons every time a user logs on a system, i choose not to
use roaming profiles.

> > i can think of lots of folks that could migrate from winders
> > to linux.
>
> give me a call anytime, a man's gotta make a living :-)
>
> jason

you're the first person i'd call.  i look forward to your talk in
december at tntug.org and think you'll get some good exposure.