[TriLUG] SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight

mpdickens at tlanta.com mpdickens at tlanta.com
Tue Aug 19 00:33:32 EDT 2003

> XFS wasn't standard on SGI systems when I started working with them
> at the end of 1994.  It wasn't until later in 1995 that SGI started
> shipping it as the default filesystem.  I don't know how much
> earlier it was created, but it sounds like it was about the same
> time as JFS.

I may be wrong in stating XFS has been around for seems like forever,
but I do know that XFS shipped before JFS. We lost a few installations
(What the sales rats called "deals") because IRIX had journaling and
AIX did  not.

I suppose my point is not which journaled file system shipped first, but
that SCO is lying (What's new...) and someone or some organization
needs to publically wash SCO's mouth out with soap (Perferably, lye
soap...).

Best

M. Peck Dickens