[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

Henry S. Huntsberry hhuntsberry at fbi.gov
Thu Aug 21 10:19:48 EDT 2003

I am relatively new to Linux and love it thus far.  I use it on two computers
at work and one at home for the family.  At work I use an IBM T23 and it works
great.  I keep it up2date and all systems seem to run fine.  However, my PC at
home, as of about Wednesday of las week, seems to be very slow as it srarts
and an opens any applications.  I noticed that the CD burner seems to be
acting funny as well.  My computer at home is used by my family and the
default is a gnome session.  I used to be able to simply put a blank CD into
the CD and it would pop up with a //Burn screen that made it simple to burn a
CD.  Now it is very slow to open and when I try to burn a CD it just hangs.

Then Last night I ran up2date at home and it hung up and gave an error message
about one of the packages not having the right gpg cert.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what might be going on with my home computer?

Thanks,

Scot Huntsberry