[TriLUG] Address Book Question

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Thu Aug 21 10:29:21 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 10:06  AM, Henry S. Huntsberry wrote:

> Could anyone recommend an address book manager that I could use to
> import
> about 500 addresses from a text file.  I would rather stay away from
> the
> standard gnome and kde applications.  Thanks.

If it were me...

...I would set up OpenLDAP, and import these contacts into LDAP.  That
way it could be used by almost any mail application on your network,
and as LDAP is accessible from any popular scripting language like
Perl, Python or PHP it gives you many more ways to access your contact
info.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish