[TriLUG] mailman/postfix integration problem with bounce-processing

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Thu Aug 21 11:18:30 EDT 2003

Christopher L Merrill [chris at webperformanceinc.com] wrote:

> This, honestly, doesn't suprise me.  I don't see how they could possibly
> be delivered with that addressing scheme.  Is there some special wildcard
> processing that should be enabled in Postfix to allow those addresses
> to be resolved to the "test-bounces" address that appears in the mailman
> aliases file?

Yes, look at this setting in main.cf:
# ADDRESS EXTENSIONS (e.g., user+foo)
#
# The recipient_delimiter parameter specifies the separator between
# user names and address extensions (user+foo). See canonical(5),
# local(8), relocated(5) and virtual(5) for the effects this has on
# aliases, canonical, virtual, relocated and .forward file lookups.
# Basically, the software tries user+foo and .forward+foo before
# trying user and .forward.
#
# recipient_delimiter = +

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak