[TriLUG] RR problems relaying mail

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Thu Aug 21 13:11:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:15:31AM -0400, Chris Merrill wrote:
> Answered my own question (by reading the docs!):
>
> the entry in the transport map should be:
>     .rr.com           smtp:[smtp-server.nc.rr.com]
>
> With no '*' !
>
> I think I've seen the '*.rr.com' posted here...so anybody who
> has used it should check their mail logs to verify the mail
> is being relayed correctly.  (or maybe I added it...)
>
> Chris

I'm going strictly on my own memory but I remember a question being
*asked* in the format *.rr.com and being answered rr.com and .rr.com

I think I was one of the "askers."  I used the answer to set up
conditional smart host relay on my own box.
--
Ken Wahl  ken at kenwahl.org  http://www.kenwahl.org