[TriLUG] sendmail, mailman, and mm-handler

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 10:20:29 EDT 2003

You are correct that a machine does not need an MX record to receive
mail sent to that machine; however, since Ryan's server is attempting to
send his local mail off of the machine (rather than accept it locally)
there is clearly a problem of some sort.

In my dealing with folks on the mailman list, a common problem is that
they *have* mx records, and they are set incorrectly.

So if you have a suggestion that might help Ryan, lets hear it.

Jon Carnes