[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

mpdickens at tlanta.com mpdickens at tlanta.com
Sat Aug 23 00:42:16 EDT 2003

Tom Boucher wrote:

> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 08:59 AM, Chris Bullock wrote:
>
>> You must pick your battles.  There are times when you may need to
>> troubleshoot for hours and then there are times just to replace the
>> machine.

Whoa... We've gone from:

Find problem in the system/fix it ---> Reinstall OS to fix problem --->
Replace machine and all is well.

MS Windows is like crack cocaine:

1.) Get a system on it and it's behavior is irratic and unpredicatable.
2.) Crack users require constant maintenance doses. Windows systems
require constant service packs.
3.) A Crack user is like a windows system: High maintenance.
4.) Crack is expensive. So is Windows.
5.) Windows,  like crack, have things in it the vendor does not want you
to know about.
6.) Ultimately, all crack users crash and burn. So do all Windows systems.

I suppose at this point I should steal a phrase from my 17 year old
nephew: Windows blows.

Best regards

Marvin Dickens