[TriLUG] Troubled RH9

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Sun Aug 24 21:48:22 EDT 2003

When I first downloaded Severn, rhl.redhat.com hadn't been stripped to
the single boring page it is now. On that "old" RHL site, severn was
noted as being a potential 9.1 release, which was initially odd to me,
considering RH jumped from 8 to 9, even though I still don't understand
the technical logic in that decision... there wasn't anything
groundbreaking in 9 from 8, nor is there anything in Severn from 9
(aside from the cheesy, useless graphical boot).

Seeing that RH releases a new desktop upgrade every 6 months, maybe they
just hope to look more "mature" by having version 20 out by fall of
2008.

--Aaron