[TriLUG] slightly OT: small "network" appliances

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Wed Aug 27 08:42:52 EDT 2003

[2003-08-26 20:43] John Beimler said:
| ryan wheaton wrote:
| >A few years back, I remember seeing and playing with a little "box" from
| >Gateway that ran debian and was a web/DHCP/file, etc server.  It was
| >about the size of a Nintendo Gamecube, and was a pretty neat (although
| >not all the time practical) device.  I was wondering if anyone was still
| >making such a thing, or was this something made by Gateway as a novelty
| >type item and then thrown away by everyone??  Anyone seen anything like
| >this around lately?
| >

| The Mini ITX boxes (http://www.mini-itx.com/) are nice for this,
| although a few of the ones I've worked with had really cheap fans in
| them, and they sounded a lot like some of the big servers I've worked with.

here's a _sweet_ little embedded board if you don't have huge
CPU reqs.  I'm planning on making an order in the next
few weeks from the distributor in Atlanta.  The price including
shipping (from TW) is around $300.  Contact me offlist if
you're interested in one - we might be able to get a little
better deal on the shipping, which was $20 for the last
single unit I requested.

  http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/SBC/LE-564.htm

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman