[TriLUG] Linux compatible USB Flash Drives

Corey Mutter mutterc at nc.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 12:06:02 EDT 2003

> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm thinking about getting a USB flash drive to carry files around and
> > want to get one I *know* will work with both Linux (RH 9, mostly) and
> > various Windows flavors.
> >
> > I figure I can start with a 32 or 64MB drive and then invest more
> > heavily once I see how it works out.
> >
> > Anyone have recommendations?

I have one; I recently got a Creative Nomad Muvo MP3 player, which is
essentially just a USB memory stick that happens to play MP3s. It works
just fine with Linux; it doesn't mention Linux compatibility on the box
but it does say "no software needed". (It doesn't have playlists; it plays
MP3s in the order in which you copy them to the filesystem).

Corey