[TriLUG] Red Hat 9 upgrade issues

Frye, Matthew Matthew.Frye at rexhealth.com
Thu Aug 28 15:15:47 EDT 2003

I'm getting ready to do a Red Hat 9 upgrade from 7.2 on a test box and it's
production counterpart.  Can anyone offer suggestions, gotchas to look out
for, etc.  The reason I ask is because I have noticed that the Red Hat
Installation Guide is a frail wisp of it's former self.  When I bought the
5.2 distro in 1998, the book was hefty and chock full of good info.  The RH9
Installation Guide is a scant 130 pages, mostly of pictures of install
GUI's.  I don't need a book for that. Particular issues include ext2 to ext3
migration, libraries, network considerations, etc.