[TriLUG] LVM issue - Making /var larger

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon Sep 1 13:35:14 EDT 2003

If you boot using a rescue disk, or into linux single user mode, you can
run commands on /var without it being mounted.  To do it from grub, just
append single to your standard boot configuration.  The var partition is
used for such things as your web site, logs, rpm databases as well as
data for just about every program.  You can use du -h /var to see what
all is there.

Joseph