[TriLUG] load shooting up on large sequential copies

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 2 14:08:14 EDT 2003

Not much help, but I know there are some tuning parameters you can apply
to certain ext3 partitions to help with large I/O operations.  I usually
just make those partitions ext2.

I almost always make /var ext2 especially on mail server or proxy
server.

500Mb is so small these days, that I'm surprised it is causing you any
problems.  Are the drives involved IDE?