[TriLUG] BETA-testing TriLUG's new GForge site

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Sep 4 16:55:14 EDT 2003

Hi TriLUG-ers!

Its been some months since the early discussions about creating a
TriLUG-hosted "projects" site but the good news is that a number of
people including:

  Jason Tower, Hunter Matthews, Ed Hill, Tanner Lovelace,
  Jeremy Portzer, and helpful folks on TriLUG IRC

have managed to assemble a GForge-based site at:

  http://forge.trilug.org/

The intent is to provide:

  - a SourceForge-like collaborative development environment
    primarily meant for and run by TriLUG members, and

  - a chance for folks to learn about GForge

If you're a current TriLUG member and you're interested in hosting a
project (however small or un-started it may be at this point!) please
visit the site and follow the quick registration directions.  Since this
is a "beta" period for us, we're asking that you please be patient with
us.  And we're only approving projects that have at least one current
TriLUG member as a project leader.

If you're interested in learning more about GForge or becoming an admin
for the "TriFORGE" site, please contact us.  I'll be happy to turn the
GForge install/setup/maintain notes into a "GForge on Red Hat 9 HOWTO"
project.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com