[TriLUG] New 120GB drive, LVM, Redhat and Debian

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Fri Sep 5 11:33:11 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I just purchased a 120GB Maxtor drive for my linux box at home.  I'm
currently running RH 9, but it was installed via upgrades so is not set
up with LVM.  I have a couple questions:

I'd like to use LVM on the new drive to make it easier to adjust
partition sizes, etc. down the road.  I also want to try out various
other Linux distros and have some questions:

1.  What is the best way to migrate my existing RH 9 install onto the
new drive *with* LVM.

2.  Does debian support LVM and is it compatible with the LVM in RedHat?

3.  Do any other distros support LVM and compatibility with LVM in RH?

Thanks,
  --[Lance]
--

 Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/