[TriLUG] up2date

Gregory Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Sat Sep 6 10:15:13 EDT 2003

"It was written once upon a time (by Jim Ray):"

> anyone else besides me noticing problems with rh up2date?  i'm trying to
> prepare machine for rhce class.  i did the rh gpg and up2date rpm, rebooted
> and get hung on the up2date stuff every time (something about a kernel32.dll
> error...not).
>
> i went to rhn, did the survey to keep my demo account and cleared
> entitlements.  i *should* be able to go right on ahead with the update
> process but noooooooo.  it just won't go.
>
> i'll try again later yet would appreciate any suggestions so i can get this
> box updated before our next meeting on rhce prerequisites on wednesday.

You need to hand download the latest versions of up2date and
up2date-gnome and then install them.  The security certificates for
up2date expired and RH could/did not properly get things setup for the
transition.   I installed RHL9 on a laptop last night and had to get the
up2date upgrades before it would let me register the new machine for
RHN.  After the hand update, the rest went smoothly.

--
Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury   `-_-'         Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us      U