[TriLUG] OT: Online book: Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 6 18:40:55 EDT 2003

OT = Off Topic

On another list I read regularly, someone posted a link to an online
book they recommended.  Having a few minutes to kill while preparing
lunch for the myself and my 5 year old, I clicked on the link and read
it for awhile.

Well, our lunch pizza got a little more done than it should have,
because the book was a pretty good read and it was hard to tear away.
It is a good read - not terrific, but really interesting.

The premise is fairly far in the future: infinite free energy and
automation out the wazoo - so no real need to work (unless you want to).

Disney World has become a living museum of sorts, and each section is
run by it's own users groups (they call them "adhocs", but they are
*just* like TriLUG).

http://craphound.com/down/Cory_Doctorow_-_Down_and_Out_in_the_Magic_Kingdom.htm

I read it in about 4 hours.

Hope you find it as interesting as I did - Jon Carnes