[TriLUG] software update services for samba?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Sep 9 14:12:23 EDT 2003

Sms will do it.  It is beyond the scope of my clientele to have sms, sql,
win server at every ma and pa customer.

My big beef with winders update or up2date for that matter is requiring an
internet connection.  We all know that an internet connection is not always
available.  What happens when we show up at a client site to do the updates
and that internet connection is not available?

Bad things.  The job doesn't get done.

Given patches can be downloaded albeit not in real time, scripted installs
is the only way to fly and have control over what software manufacturers
push onto users.