[TriLUG] making a techie S-Crop in NC? (was Re: Red HatCertification)

Meyer, David R David.Meyer07 at ca.com
Wed Sep 10 12:03:14 EDT 2003

James,

I can't speak to the Carolina's, but here in Florida I can tell you that
while it was easy to incorporate myself on the web, it would have been
cheaper in the long run to use a lawyer.  For $400.00 he would have done
all the incorporation, as well as prepare the corporate books, stamps,
etc.  He also consulted me about the importance of keeping ROCK SOLID
records, and running my S-Corp as a business...because if I was ever
called into court, if the plaintiff could "pierce the corporate veil"
I'd loose any protection that the S-Corp gave me.

In either case, best of luck to you!

Dave