[TriLUG] Redhat 9 / Gnome / Nautilus Question

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 10 15:30:46 EDT 2003

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a way to disable Nautilus in Redhat 9?

It used to be possible to do this in the preferences in earlier versions
of Redhat, but I don't see a way to do it now.  More ominously, when I
search on this topic I see phrases like "unlike earlier versions,
Nautilus is fully integrated into Gnome 2"...

More to the point, I'd like to free up the function keys Nautilus grabs.
  An application I need to run fails because Nautilus grabs at least F1
for its own purposes (help browser).  I don't see any preferences
options relating to this in Nautilus.

Thanks for any pointers!

    Scott C.