[TriLUG] Redhat 9 / Gnome / Nautilus Question

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Wed Sep 10 16:23:56 EDT 2003

Hi,

I know this was really annoying the first time I used RH 9. I hate
Nautilus :-P

You can still turn nautilus "off" by not allowing it to draw the
desktop. Then all you need to do is *not* run nautilus.

Set this key to zero in the GNOME configuration:

/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop

That is, run gconf-editor from the command line, and navigate to
apps->nautilus->preferences and scroll down... uncheck "show_desktop"
You may have to log out and then log in again for the change to take
place.

Good luck,
Aaron