[TriLUG] OT: IP security cameras

David R.Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Sun Sep 14 23:15:14 EDT 2003

hey Greg --

NetBotz < http://www.netbotz.com/ > make some really nice devices.
last i checked they supported the embedded web server method you
describe, but were able to output that image data as individual jpg
files to another server (over ethernet/IP).  i do not know if they have
any that support power via ethernet, tho.  last time i installed one,
it had its own 120V standard form factor plug for power.  also
incorporated a magnetic switch to see if the server cabinet door had
been opened.

overall very cool.  may be more $$$ than you're looking for.  good luck
with the search.  is X10 even worth mentioning?

dave m.