[TriLUG] OT:MAC Data Recovery

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 16 09:29:28 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 09:05:28PM -0400, Neil Roeth wrote:
> On Sep 15, Brian Daniels (bitmage at bellsouth.net) wrote:
>  >
>  > Under RedHat 8 I was unable to mount Mac HFS disks.  When I dug into the
>  > problem, it appeared that the HFS driver had not been maintained and was no
>  > longer compatible with the kernel.  I haven't tried it under RH9 to see if
>  > the situation has got any better.
>
> Try a 2.2 kernel.  About a year ago I was able to read a Mac floppy using a
> 2.2 kernel with HFS enabled on a Debian box, after failing with a 2.4 kernel.

Things have improved.  I was just able to try a HFS cd on my RH9 system and
it worked.  Access seemed a bit slow, but I was able to read the files.

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net