[TriLUG] Postix config question - was: Domains blocking dynamic IPs

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Tue Sep 16 13:17:17 EDT 2003

rasch at raschnet.com wrote:
> This is exactly what I do.  I had enough trouble with me, and my users,
> reporting email servers bouncing their mail that I now relay everything
> through mail.earthlink.net and it goes through no problems.  I've had no
> problem with up-time or reliability of this solution.  If performance is

Given that dynamic-IP blocking seems headed for 'SOP' status, I'll
give in and do the same.

On Postfix - should I now:
1. remove the 'transport_maps'
2. set relayhost=smtp-server at nc.rr.com
?

I can't think of any reason to continue to use the transport map,
since I don't intend to 'optimize' any routes...

Chris Merrill                      |  http://webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.               |  http://webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software