[TriLUG] large-scale patch rollouts?

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Tue Sep 16 15:05:04 EDT 2003

David R.Matusiak <dave at matusiak.org> writes:
> please don't flame my foolish question, but it is possible to roll out
> linux security patches to a network of machines at the same time?

I use cfengine to do things of this nature---and a lot of other stuff,
too.  www.cfengine.org has information.

cfengine is not a tool that is necessarily immediately intuitive---you
don't write a list of things to do so much as describe the state you
want the system to be in.  It makes sense once you get used to it.

Anyway, it can easily automate things like this.

Mike
--
She looks like Eve Marie Saint in On The Waterfront -- Lloyd Cole