[TriLUG] Re: large-scale patch rollouts?

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Tue Sep 16 18:58:11 EDT 2003

> I manually upgrade my Debian server with apt on a weekly basis.  The only
> think I'll cron is the email to remind me to do it, or 'apt-get update' and
> a dry run of 'apt-get upgrade' to tell me what all has an updated to be
> installed.

Sam here.  I'd never automate actual installation.  I'm far too
scared for anything so cavalier :)

jmm at sublogic:/home/jmm% sudo crontab -l
Password:
0 2 * * * apt-get -qq update && apt-get -qq --dry-run upgrade

--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4