[TriLUG] Synching Mail folders in Mac OS X

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at mac.com
Wed Sep 17 14:40:28 EDT 2003

I have an *idea* for this, but it involves some sort of online storage.
Do you have access to a mountable network drive at both locations that
can hold all (or part) of your mailboxes (ex: iDisk for dot mac users)?

If you *do*, heres my idea: change the default location of the mail
folders to that location, thats accessible from both machines, and new
mail will be saved into the mbox files located on that network drive.
Then, when you open up the Mail.app on the other machine, it goes out
to the drive and gets those same mbox folders. The only problem being
that if both computers access them at the same time, problems may
ensue.

Thats all I can think of

Ian