[TriLUG] Re: Enjoy upgrading all your SSH boxen to 3.7?

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Wed Sep 17 23:44:01 EDT 2003

> > As a reminder, Red Hat's RPM packages are back ports of the fix to the
> > version of ssh that shipped with Red Hat Linux and Red Hat Enterprise
> > Linux (as applicable)
>
> What RH does is above and beyond the call of duty.  It's why I buy every
> major version once the box comes out - even though I've already
> installed it from my burned ISO's weeks ago.

Debian stable does the same, of course.  Not a negative on RH, just
wanting to make sure those maybe less familiar on the list are aware :)

    http://www.debian.org/security/faq#oldversion

I usually link to the above when trying to explain backports to
people, even if the relevant backport is part of RHL errata :)

James
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4