[TriLUG] Time To Ditch RoadRunner?

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Sun Sep 21 10:37:01 EDT 2003

Is it time to ditch RoadRunner for a more wireless-friendly ISP? Does
anyone know Earthlink's position on wireless use?

If I can't find a cable broadband provider which is wireless-friendly, I
might go with Celito, who (along with Speakeasy) are among the few local
ISP choices that "get it."

TWC is really p***ing me off with their apparent need to control the
Internet.

Mark
--

Time Warner Cable filed a lawsuit charging a New York apartment complex
and its wireless Internet provider with illegally reselling its

The suit, filed Monday in the Southern district of New York, claims that
Internet service provider iNYC Wireless and London Terrace Towers, a
residential apartment complex, have been illegally pirating and
marketing Road Runner through a Wi-Fi network.
--
http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5077922.html