[TriLUG] Screen for X?

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 22 10:35:15 EDT 2003

KDE3.1 and up has their remote desktop feature. This is basically VNC at
the window manager level, I think I've got that right. Anyway, if you
enable remote connections on your existing session, you can attach using
the KDE remote desktop client. I leave myself logged in at home and
tunnel back in from work all the time. The nice thing is that you don't
have to start the VNC server on a separate display to use it.
It is not per application as the original poster requested, but it does
allow reconnecting when desired. Since it is based on VNC, you can use
the client to connect to standard VNC servers as well.

Ken
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt