[TriLUG] Unable to boot RH9 linux after installation

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 24 07:59:50 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 00:00, Adalita Brown wrote:
> CD-ROM drive is not bootable.  I've tried changing the boot priority in
> BIOS but to no avail.

If you BIOS offered you the option to use CDROM in the boot priority setup
then your CDROM is bootable.

My experience is that _all_ CDROM drives and BIOS made recently will boot
from CDROM.

BTW, I have some old machines with BIOS that do not boot from CDROM.  I can't
imagine your laptop would be in the same class as these machines (circa
94/95).

If you want to experiment with Linux without changing your harddrive then
investigate Knoppix and other one-CD Linux distros.
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)