[TriLUG] Disk Partitioning on-line

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 13:57:18 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 01:44 pm, Magnus Hedemark wrote:

> This doesn't solve your immediate problem, but just for future
> consideration this would have been a lot easier for you if you were using
> LVM on your RAID. With LVM, you can do an "lvcreate" on a live system,
> mke2fs, etc.  It's worth spending an evening learning the ins & outs of LVM
> and applying it to all new server builds (even the workstations that I
> kickstart install have LVM out of the box).

URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG,

Sorry, but I just about blew my top on this post. My #1 biggest issue with
RHAS is that it DOES NOT support LVM. I Use LVM on all of my SLES servers,
and it is great, but Red Hat does not support LVM on RHAS. Oh sure you can
install it, and get it to run, but it is not supported, and in a production
environment, well you understand.

Extremely frustrated with RHAS,

Ron