[TriLUG] NVidia drivers cause Segmentation Faults in RH9 and Fedora Core beta

Roberto J Dohnert RobertoDohnert at netscape.net
Wed Oct 1 10:36:49 EDT 2003

Hello folks, I seem to have a long running problem here.  Under RH9 I had a major
problem with Segmentation Faults, everything I did would cause a Segmentation Fault
(see Troubled RH9 in archives), XMMS OpenOffice.  Now I have associated this with
the older NVidia drivers I was using, but when I upgraded the drivers to the most
recent ones it did not cure the problem, I did save my QT apps by upgrading my QT
which I needed to do anyway and they work.  Is there anyway to save OpenOffice, xmms
just says segmentation fault, but Open Office RC 4 and 1.0.2 say this:

/usr/lib/tls/libGLcore.so.1 error: Line 697: Segmentation Fault : Aborting

XMMS I really could give two craps about but is there anyway to save Open Office I
have tried to Reinstall these apps with no luck. The Nvidia driver is version 4363

Now to the Fedora Core Team:  With the Beta release of Fedora Core I have the same
problem with NVidia drivers, and the additional problem is that the screen will
splash the NVidia splash screen then all will go black and I have to do a force
reboot.  Once again upgrading thye NVidia drivers did not clear the problem up.

Any suggestions would be helpful, if need be you can write me a private e-mail.

--
To view my Linux help page and howto's goto

http://www.geocities.com/kane121975/

I have information on x86 Linux and PowerPC Linux