[TriLUG] Good Linux compatible sound card?

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 14:15:42 EDT 2003

I'll have to second that vote for SB Live!. I've had one that has
chugged along through three motherboard/cpu combos. I have been very
happy with the card. The linux support is also very good. I don't see
any reason I would get a new sound card. But that's me.

Check out:
http://opensource.creative.com/
They've been opensourcing their code for quite a while now.

Just my $.02,
Ken

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:45, Reginald Reed wrote:
> This isn't helping you find a new sound card, but I have had the total
> opposite experience with my Sound Blaster Live! Card.  Its been running
> great.  I've had two motherboard completely die on me and the SBLive!
> keeps on running.  Maybe you got a card from a bad production run.
>
> On Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:21 AM, trilug-bounces at trilug.org <>
> wrote:
>
> > My current Sound Blaster Live is about to die, and I've only
> > had problems with Creative's stuff. So, I was wondering if
> > anyone has had good experiences with a non-Creative brand
> > sound card under Linux. One with a front mounted break out
> > box would be perfect. Thanks
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt